Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Link Shorteners That Aren’t the Google URL Shortener

What is a URL shortener?

A URL shortener is a tool that creates a short, unique URL that will redirect to the specific website of your choosing.

Basically: they make a URL shorter and simpler.

Your new, shorter URL will typically include the shortener site’s address, plus a combination of random letters.

For example, if I punched in a URL like animalplanet.com/tv-shows/puppy-bowl/full-episodes/puppy-bowl-xvi into the Hootsuite Ow.ly link shortener, it would generate ow.ly/uK2f50AJDI6. This cuts the link down by 48 letters, but still gives you access to cute dogs doing a bad job of playing football.

In some cases, you can even customize this mini URL with a custom phrase. Oh, the power!
    Why use a URL shortener?

There are a lot of good reasons to use a URL shortener if you’re going to be sharing a link.
    Long, unruly links look suspicious

If you’re linking to a specific page buried deep on your website, or are using UTM parameters to track your visitors, you might find yourself wrestling with a lengthy URL.

Hi there. Should I need a link shortener if I am making the best video ads? I know that short links look good and are easy to remember. This is practically the main reason why many users use link shortening services. I would like to know if a short link will in any way affect the success of the site's advertising? Any ideas?

Comment

I usually see the bitly ones so oftenly. Any leads to any link shortener?

Comment

Working...
      X