on the praactice squads in Seattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the praactice squads in Seattle

Just a little more than a month since undergoing leg surgery, Tampa Bay Lightning sniper Steven Stamkos was skating and stick-handling at the Prudential Center in New Jersey on Saturday. It was the first time hes laced up the skates since breaking his right leg in a game against the Boston Bruins on Nov. 11. Stamkos joined his teammates on the ice at their morning skate before a game against the Devils. He wasnt in hockey gear. "Im feeling good (and) everythings on track," Stamkos said following practice. "Just starting to progress and make sure there are no setbacks, but Im feeling really good." Stamkos suffered a fractured tibia while backchecking on a play in the Tampa Bay zone in the second period when he got tangled with Boston defenceman Dougie Hamilton. Stamkos fell to the ice and slid feet-first before his lower right leg slammed into the right post, forcing the net off its moorings. "Its just nice to get back out there," he said. "Mentally, its just a good thing to get out there on the ice and even be out there and pass the puck with a couple of guys. Thats positive for me and thats only going to help." Asked if there was any pain in his foot during the skate, Stamkos said it felt good. "I thought I might have a little issue with that bottom screw in there but I didnt. Theres still a bit of swelling in the leg and ankle so you feel that a little bit, but I dont think Im going to have a problem with the screw." While a return to the ice is positive news, Stamkos said that a return date isnt any clearer. "There is healing taking place in the bone but by no means is it close to being fully healed. Only time will tell but we definitely ramped up the rehab; whether it was in the water tread mill, in the gym and now on the ice. "This ice stuff is really not for my leg; its more for keeping my hands loose and shooting some pucks. Well see, but everythings gone great so far and I couldnt be more pleased with the treatment Ive been getting." Stamkos was tied for the NHL lead in goals (14) and points (23) before suffering the injury. Bert Blyleven Jersey . New York then missed its next six shots and scored only two points the rest of the night. The Los Angeles Clippers defence and the Knicks general ineptitude both played a role in the unsurprising finish to a meeting of two teams headed in opposite directions. Kennys Vargas Jersey .com) - The Miami Heat stopped a four-game losing streak last time out and thats the same length slide their opponents Wednesday night, the Denver Nuggets, will try to halt when the two teams meet at the Pepsi Center. http://www.twinsrookiestore.com/Twin...w-Kids-Jersey/. Chan captured two silver medals at last months Sochi Winter Games mens singles and the inaugural team event. But he doesnt have the urge to resume training to defend his world title when the event is held in Saitama, Japan, later this month. Erick Aybar Jersey . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. Kyle Gibson Jersey . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon.NASHVILLE -- The Tennessee Titans have waived defensive end Adewale Ojomo more than two weeks after he was arrested in a prostitution sting. The Titans announced the move Monday afternoon, hours after the team started its off-season program. Ojomo had joined the Titans practice squad in December after stints with the Giants as an undrafted free agent in 2012 and on the praactice squads in Seattle and Buffalo last fall.dddddddddddd He was booked March 21 in Miami on a charge of soliciting a prostitute after police say Ojomo offered the undercover detective $100 for sex. The police report said Ojomo was planning to go to a nearby store for condoms but was arrested before he could drive away. Ojomo played at the University of Miami. ' ' '
Working...
X